Landau Forte Charitable Trust was founded upon delivering a consistent and exceptional quality of learning experience for all our pupils so that they progress to become citizens that positively contribute. Our vision is to always put young people first raising their performance, hopes, aspirations and ambition, strengthening local communities, generating self-belief, self-esteem and self-confidence through practical steps:
- Providing an exciting learning environment where young people feel safe, happy and valued. We will meet the educational and social needs of all our young people, regardless of ability, ethnic background or disability
- Assisting our young people to become confident, creative and questioning individuals who are strong leaders and equally effective team players
- Ensuring our staff are an inspirational, dedicated and well supported team who provided exceptional teaching experience for our young people
- Investing in the high quality professional development of all our staff
- Promoting high standards of achievement and attainment – our young people will be academically well qualified with a breadth of experience that has maximised all their talents and aptitudes
- Giving our young people access to a challenging, broad and balanced curriculum, including regular and frequent opportunities to participate in high quality extracurricular enrichment experiences
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently, ensuring value for money
- Building trusting and informed relationship with parents/ carers and the local community through working in a true partnership
On the 27th November 2017, the UK Government published a policy paper: ‘Industrial Strategy: the 5 foundations’. The strategy sets out the national approach for creating the environment in which the country can build a thriving and sustainable economy and society that our pupils will grow into and contribute to. One of those foundations, ‘People’, identifies how education must play a pivotal role in preparing and equipping our young people to thrive in a new industrial and digital era. One of the greatest barriers to the delivery of the industrial strategy is the acute shortage of people skilled in science, technology, engineering, art and maths (STEAM).
Three key policies have been set out nationally to address this barrier: establish a technical education system that rivals the best in the world, to stand alongside our excellent higher education system; invest in maths, digital and technical education, helping to address the shortage of STEAM skills; and create a National Retraining Scheme that supports people to re-skill. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to making a contribution to ensuring that our pupils are prepared to engage fully with learning in STEAM and for those for whom it is appropriate can thrive as the creative scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians of the future. For those young people whose aspirations lay in other directions, our curriculum will be rich and broad in order that they can excel in fields where their passions and interests take them.
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is an established yet still developing Multi Academy Trust (MAT). In order to secure our educational vision for the future, we will develop and grow a sustainable, effective and efficient organisation.